About the Musée des arts et métiers
This is your chance to follow in the footsteps of inventors and pioneers of progress and explore a one-of-a-kind repository of scientific and technical knowledge...
Founded in 1794 by Henri Grégoire, the Conservatoire national des arts et métiers, "a store of new and useful inventions," is a museum of technological innovation. The Musée des arts et métiers was refurbished in 2000, and now exhibits over 2,400 inventions. They are split into seven collections Scientific instruments, Materials, Energy, Mechanics, Construction, Communication and Transport.
Different types of discovery are available: guided tours or demonstrations by our scientific interpreters, a quick tour focused on the museum's 150 "flagship objects", an unrestricted exploration inspired by reading our "albums", or one of three audioguide tours available in eight languages.
We hope you enjoy your visit.
- Tuesday to Sunday, 10 am to 6 pm.
- Late night Friday until 9:00 pm.
- Closed on Mondays, January 1st, May 1st and December 25th.
Before your visit
- The wearing of the mask is compulsory for all visitors from 11 years old to be able to enter the museum. Remember to take it with you, the museum does not provide masks.
- When you arrive, please respect the physical distances of at least 1 meter between you, other visitors and staff.
- Access to the locker rooms is prohibited.
- Wash your hands regularly, especially before entering the museum. Hydro-alcoholic gel is available at the entrance to the museum and on the visit route.
- Once in the exhibition spaces, please ensure respect for the sense of visit and physical distance.
- For health reasons, please do not touch the digital devices present on the course.
- Signage dedicated to sanitary measures is displayed in the museum. Be sure to respect them.
Museum staff are on hand to answer your questions and guide you.
Address60 rue Réaumur - Paris 3rd arrondissement
Tel.: +33 (0)1 53 01 82 00
Metro: Arts-et-Métiers, Réaumur-Sébastopol
Bus: 20, 38, 39, 47
The museum offers :
- A resource centre
- A restaurant: "Café des techniques"
- Guided tours, demonstrations and workshops
- Conferences and debates
- Temporary exhibitions
- A mobile application